Loretta Graziano Breuning, PhD. She is Founder of the Inner Mammal Institute and author of Habits of a Happy Brain: Retrain your brain to boost your serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and endorphin levels. She’s Professor Emerita of Management at California State University, East Bay.
Her work has been featured on Forbes, NPR, Fox, the Wall Street Journal, NBC, Psychology Today, Cosmopolitan, Inc, Men’s Health, Fast Company, Dr. Oz and Real Simple. She has been interviewed on a large number of podcasts, including James Altucher, Brainfluence, Recovery Unscripted, YogaBody, FatburningMan, and Primal Blueprint. She has spoken at the International Coach Federation, the Latin American Positive Psychology Network, the Relational Center, and Imagery International. Her books have been translated into Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, French and Turkish. Dr. Breuning holds a BS from Cornell University and a PhD from Tufts University.
In this interview, Loretta and I jam about so much good stuff like:
- what neurotic dogs can teach us about our primal responses
- how the happy chemicals in the brain actually work when you meet a survival need (dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphin)
- why happiness does not equal “serving others”
We also discuss:
- how to build a new safety circuit to divert your electricity in a moment of anxiety
- how to stop filtering reality through the lens built by the gatekeepers of political correctness
- synchronicity and reality creation
I’m so excited to bring you my guest today!
Let’s go to the show!
Loretta’s website: Inner Mammal Institute
How I Escaped Political Correctness and You Can Too (affiliate link)
The Varieties of Religious Experience by William James (affiliate link)